Monday, June 15, 2009

RSS Feeds

Well I'm slowly starting to make a bit of headway on the 23 things. It's definitely getting me thinking about Web 2.0 things and feel a lot more confident on them as well - my husband who is a complete techophobe actually set-up a Facebook account this week and is using is!! I like to think that is my influence and not the influence of all the young guys at work :)

So this week as been about RSS Feeds. I managed to set-up a Bloglines account and have got some feeds I am following. I must admit, I don't think I will probably use this a lot. I tend to prefer to go and look for the information I want instead of waiting for it to come to me. There are no websites that I regularly check for updates so I guess that is why I haven't investigated RSS Feeds before. I can however see that it would be an excellent feature to have as part of the new LMS, being able to instantly update people with new resources will be great and allowing people to register according to their interests will be really good. I must remember to check my local library and see if they have RSS Feeds attached to their catalogue - wow, I just found a use for them!! Stay tuned for the update on that one.

OK, that's it for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment