Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Twitter/Yammer

I've susbcribed to Yammer for awhile now and must admit I haven't used it to it's full potential. I think that it will be a great tool in the future and seems to be a great way for people to instantly communicate with colleagues and get answers to questions quickly. To use it effectively I think you need to have it open on your desktop all the time, if not you can miss out on discussions and getting to add "your bit". However, I haven't got into the practice of doing this myself which is the reason why I haven't used Yammer to it's full potential. I know John Nebauer is a big Yammer user and I have been amazed at the "gossip" he hears through this which is a great way for staff to keep up with what is happening across TAFESA, our Insitutes and programs. I must use it better in the future - New Years resolution no. 1!!

No comments:

Post a Comment