Wednesday, September 30, 2009

LibraryThing

I have played with Library Thing before, but I'd forgotten how much I like it - does that mean I'm really a cataloger at heart??
I added a few books from the top of my head that I've read recently, check out my list
http://www.librarything.com/home/kerriekemp
I noticed when checking the new Spydus OPAC that there is a link to LibraryThing on some of the records which I think could become a very valuable tool. When I investigated Library Thing a couple of years ago I thought it had great potential to be used to direct students to relevant books for their studies. It looks like Spydus is going to allow us to easily take advantage of LibraryThing and I'm looking forward to exploring the possiblities further.
On a personal level, I think I will start using it more mainly to get recommendations of other things to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment